Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2006

Post-Valentines Day

Valentine's Day has come and gone (really gone!) We did it again. We had a terrific, luxe Valentine's Day without breaking the bank. The two dozen beautiful white tulips are just fading now. They looked spectacular on the dining room table. The charming heart bracelet I received for the Day is still clinking away on my wrist as I write this (don't you just love when something is schmaltzy enough for Valentine's Day but still chic enough to wear after the big day is past!)
Dinner was delicious. Grilled sea scallops, roasted fingerling potatoes, and steamed asparagus. Yum. Healthy, fancy, delicious, and nutritious. And easy to clean up to boot!!
For dessert, we used a recipie from 1-2-3 Desserts -- a cookbook I'm loving at the moment. Everything in it has a mere 3 ingredients -- and whips together in no time flat. The first several recipies are very health conscious -- fruit only (okay, I added some shaved chocolate to ours for a special touch). We made 'Napoleons" out of sliced oranges and raspberries --- they looked as good as the photo in the book (unusual in my experience) and tasted delicious. Its actually the photo on the cover of the cookbook -- and probably what tempted me to buy the cookbook in the first place.
In listening to our friends and colleagues at work (who spent W--A--Y more than we did for the evening!) I think we had as nice a time than most and nicer than many --- and we were not lamenting the expense the next day.

0 comments: