Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Flirt With Your Husband Friday: We NEED to Flirt.

First, let me confess -- it isn't just that I haven't been blogging about Flirt With Your Husband Fridays.  I haven't been doing that much flirting lately.  Or, to be more specific, we haven't been "dating" lately.  Everything is still good with us.  But we've gotten caught up in the other roles of our lives.
We've been busy being grandparents, friends, sons and daughters, ministers and more.  We've been busy.  Period.  We've been stretched out thin.  And that's the time that flirting with your husband is more important than ever.  Its also the time that is the easiest to neglect flirting with your husband.  Trust me, I know this.
So, I'm getting serious again.  I NEED to flirt with my husband.  Because being lovers is what we do best. And being totally head-over-heels in love with each other is what feeds all of the other stuff that we do and all of the other roles that we fill.
In our society, people in love date.  Yep.  That's what they do.  It isn't always grand or flashy.  But they date.  They spend time together just being together without being in any of their other roles.
I'm reminded of that song from Fiddler on the Roof --- Tevia and Golde sing "Do you love me?".  Golde keeps referring back to their other roles rather than answering Tevia's question --- "do you love me?"  That might have been okay for them --- in that time and that society.  But today, we do it differently.  I don't ever want to be giving the kind of answers that Golde gives.

I LOVE my husband.  I adore him -- yes, even when he drives me bananas -- I deep down really, really LOVE him.  And I need to spend time with him, just being his lover.  So, I'm going to flirt wildly with my husband.

0 comments: