Search This Blog

Monday, January 03, 2011

Project 333: New Year's Resolution??


Have you caught wind of Project 333 yet??? I read about it in the newspaper a while back.  I noted it, but it didn’t really pique my interest all that much.  I’m re-thinking it now --- as I’m making New Year’s Resolutions. 
Project 333 is the brainchild of Courtney Carver at www.bemorewithless.com 
While that sounds like my kind of a blog ---- this gal might have pushed me a little too far with Project 333. 
You commit to choosing 33 items as your entire wardrobe for 3 months.  I was okay with the concept ----- until I grasped that shoes, accessories, jewelry  --- everything all count in the 33 items.  (I presume that a pair of shoes only counts as ONE??)  Suddenly, that number was a little draconian and very scary. 
Courtney and her followers swear that its very doable --- that they haven’t even worn all 33 of their chosen items.  Wow. 
I’m trying to think it all through.  If everything counts – then I need to factor in the underwear issue. Which means I need to factor in the laundry issue – because if I’m cutting way back on underwear (cuz I am NOT even considering cutting my viewable wardrobe back enough to maintain my current underwear and laundry practices) – I’m going to be doing laundry A LOT more often.   Even if I take a free pass on the underwear, I’m not sure 33 items of clothing, shoes and accessories is going to make it in my life. 
So --- after you’ve gone and checked out Project 333 --- let me know ---- Is it something you’d consider for a New Year’s Resolution??? 

0 comments: