Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

New York Designer Fabric Outlet


I’m in love!! I found the most amazing fabric shop (and its not too, too far away.--- I might be in trouble here).  I’ve been missing the Schumacher outlet something terrible (its only been 5 years – I’m still grieving, you know).  I might have found its replacement!
New York Designer Fabric Outlet in Valatie NY is one amazing place.  Let me begin by saying that the name of the shop does not even begin to do it justice.  I probably passed it a dozen or more times and never even thought to stop.  It just didn’t interest me --- I had visions of something very – I don’t know --- New York.   This little outlet carries fabrics from around the world – the remnants of famous projects – from the White House to Paris – gorgeous fabric that graces some of the most elegant settings in the world. 
The best part?? The fabric sells for somewhere around 15-20% of the original cost.  Fabrics that originally sold for $350 a yard (gulp) can be found for $50, $35 and even $10 a yard. Those are my kind of prices.  And the fabric is beautiful … I can’t even describe them. They’re really amazing.
Find them right on Route 9 just above the Hannaford Plaza.  You won’t be sorry.  Really.  

0 comments: