Search This Blog

Monday, May 03, 2010

Gardening Thoughts


Since I’m starting to think about the garden and the outdoors again.  I thought I’d do some planning for a potting/gardening area off of our patio.   I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a fancy potting shed or even a potting table.  But I do want an organized workspace for all of the tools, buckets of soil, seeds, packaging, and other stuff that seems to go with working in the yard and the garden. 
Here’s what I’m thinking will work:
Ø  Put a small table from the flea market or yard sales up against the side of the area.
Ø  Add a set of plastic stackable bins (I’m thinking Kmart or Christmas Tree Shop) underneath.  I’m not going to stack them --- I just want the uniform set of bins --- they’ll need to stack in the shed for the winter though.   These can hold extra pots etc
Ø  A straight board to set across the stackable bins – this will make place for holding those things that won’t fit inside the bins – as long as they’re not too heavy. 
Ø  A couple of large buckets (the kind you can get at HD – but I really don’t want orange buckets.)  In the past, I’ve had good luck with a local donut shop.  The filling for the donuts comes in these large white buckets (no handles) and they’ll give them to me for a song.  The buckets can hold the potting soil, fertilizer etc.  

0 comments: