Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Speed Cleaning My Bathroom


Speed cleaning is always up my alley.  (No cleaning would be up my alley too, if it didn’t result in living in a pig sty).  I’ve picked up a couple of tricks recently that are making the bathroom part of cleaning a bit speedier. 
First off, I replaced the toilet brush holder.  You know, the one that sits on the floor beside the toilet and holds the brush you use to clean the toilet.  I replaced the holder with a ceramic one that is all one piece.  No seams.  Why?? Because the FlyLady taught me the best trick.  Fill that beautiful ceramic cylinder with a generic cleaning fluid (I’m loving Lysol Lavender scented all-purpose cleaner) and put the toilet brush back in the holder.  Voila – always ready, no fussing around finding the cleaner, putting it away afterward etc.  How silly did I feel that I never, ever though of that??  Better question:  How great do I think it is now? 
My next great aha:  Clorox wipes.  Yeah, I know – the rest of you have loved them for a long time.  And I’ll confess, I’ve loved them in the kitchen and at work.  But I hadn’t thought about them in the bathroom all that much.  They are the cat’s meow for wiping down the sink and the top of the toilet as often as I notice it (which is way more often than when I had to drag out all of that cleaning stuff.)  I did give the Scrubbing bubbles wipes a try – but I like the Clorox and Lysol all-purpose wipes better.  Plus they kill germs like crazy.  And you can do the mirror with them without streaking it like mad. 
Just a couple of tricks, but boy do they make my life a lot easier.  

0 comments: